Friday, February 1, 2013

Thinking Out Loud - Dressed Up

Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Jimmy and Mom - 1952


Have you ever noticed that most older people always seem dressed up? They are never hanging around in jeans and a t-shirt. They always seem to be nicely dressed. I always thought that was just a generational thing, they grew up in a different time. I wonder... when my generation are in their 80's how will we be dressed, will it be with the skinny jeans and t-shirts?

As I hit my... gulp... 40's I realized that I might be paying a little more attention to what I wear. Maybe if I am more polished with my clothing people will not notice those wrinkles around my eyes or those gray hairs. I know, I know.... you are saying to your self, what wrinkles, what gray hair? You are all too kind to me.

Then I thought maybe that's what all people do as they get older, they subconsciously try to over compensate in one area to deflect from another. Mmmmm, maybe that's really why older people dress up a bit more?

I'm not sure... only time will tell, 40 more years till my 80's... I wonder what we will all wear? I laugh a little at the idea of my fellow generation X's in skinny jeans and t-shirts at age of 80.

No comments: