Monday, September 10, 2012

Memory Monday - Drive-In

I remember going to the drive in with my parents, looking over the back seat watching the movie with a big plastic bowl of popcorn nestled between me and my brother and the clunky sound box perched on the window. Then falling asleep during the second feature in the backseat snuggled in with a mountains of blankets and pillows. Good memories!


 We took the girls to the Drive-In for the first time this weekend and it was a lot of fun.  I made a big tub of popcorn just like my Mom had. The Drive-In is pretty much the same, but now a lot of people brings chairs and sit in front of the car. The concession stand must have been original, it was a low, white cinder block building that looked like it was from the 60's.... halfway through the movie a strong smell of onion rings came from it's direction.

It was a cool night and I ended up snuggling in the back of the car with Groucho and the girls. We watched Paranorman and Brave. We all had a nice time and I can see this becoming one of our yearly summer/fall events.

No comments: