Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fairies are welcome


A few years ago we build fairy homes, see here. They only lasted one season and fell apart, so we had to do something new. My husband Brian cut out the doors, I used the wood burning tool to etch the design and then we each painted a door.

The door above is Brian's and is found under the big tree in the front yard.

Anna's door has two hearts and a lady bug on it. We found these darling table, chairs and watering can at a local flower shop.

Amelia's door has a cosy willow bench with a garden gnome to protect the fairies. We bought the chair at the same shop. I made the gnome months ago at the St. Louis City Museum, they had air dry clay at a table you could make things with, then I painted her at home.

This is my door tucked far in the back of the yard, there is an odd glare from the sun on it. It has a shamrock on the door and a gem stone handle.

I love these things, little magical nooks you'll fine in our yard... 
they just make me happy. 

The other day Anna lost her tooth and she said maybe the tooth fairy 
would stay in one of our house... so cute!

No comments: