Monday, April 2, 2012

What I'm reading - The Help by Kathryn Stockett

 

I haven't seen the movie yet, I wanted to read the book first since I had heard it was so good... "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. And they were right... it's really really good! I don't really read as much as I would like, I am usually crafting something in my free time (did I really say free time, like I have any of that!)

But each night last week I would sit and read and I looked forward to that time to myself... to be quite, not move a muscle and engulf myself in someone else's life story. It's quite a stress reliever to stop thinking, or stressing about all the things I need to do and just send my mind off to another place in time. Like always, when I finish a really good book I say... gosh I really need to read more often.

Mmmmm, what should I read next? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan (based on real life of Frank Llyod Wright)

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot