Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What we're eating - Fondue Night

The last time I made fondue was for a baby shower and it was a gloppy mess! The cheese clumped together and was so thick you couldn't dip anything in it.


I stumbled across this great website called They Draw and Cook, with illustrated recipes, so cool! Looking through them I saw one called Grandma's Christmas Eve Cheese Fondue. My family also does appetizers for Christmas, so this hit home for me. I also liked that it did not involve me buying expensive, oddly named, hard to find cheese (like the last recipe I attempted). The other night we gave it a whirl and it was a home run!!!!!


The flavor was so yummy, the cheese stayed creamy the whole time, the three of us gobbled it up. Anna of course would not even try it, oh yeah... is she my picky eater!!!


We dipped bread, chips, broccoli, carrots, apples and pepperoni. Amelia and my favorite was the apples, the warm cheese with the cool sweet apple was delicious!


It makes a big pot, so if you are table of four like us you could half the recipe. Or make the whole thing... it was good the next day for lunch.


2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
4 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 T. mustard
1 T. worchestershire sauce


Heat over medium heat until cheese is fully melted. Dip away!!!

No comments: