Friday, February 19, 2010

Whole Foods

So I finally made my first trip to Whole Foods today. I've been a dedicated Schnucks girls for as long as I can remember, I know that store like the back of my hand and could probably shop blind folded with no problem. So going to a new store is always nerve racking to me. I felt like a wide eyed kid, not knowing where to go.

Anna & I wondered down each isle to see what all the hoop la is all about. I must admit the store smelled really good, probably that wood pizza oven. And the produce all looked great, that was the one thing that has been lacking at Schnucks and drove me to try Whole Foods. I just wanted to find some good lettuce!

I get the whole orangic thing and I really like the no preservatives. I bought some waffles, we will see what Brian says, he loves Eggo's and he will be hard to break. I should have saved the Eggo box and stuck these inside. I'll let you know how those go over.

The main thing is the prices, wow, they are high! The produce was not too bad and I don't mind paying more for some good lettuce. But the box of cereal was $4.39... I hope the girls like it. I took a photo of the 15 items I bought, can you guess what I paid? Tip, I did get 1/4 lb chicken salad and chicken scallopini from the prepared foods counter.



Answer..... 15 items = $45.65
I'll go back for the produce and maybe waffles (if Brian and the girls likes them). But I think I'll stick to Schunks for my staples.

2 comments:

bob said...

Tracy,

You need to hit up the poor man's Whole Foods; Trader Joe's can't be beat!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love your blog and became a follower. I too would love to hit Whole Foods but it's tricky...$$$$