Monday, August 17, 2009

Upcycle - Mens Shirt to Skirt


Another upcycle project: Brian had a few old button down shirts that he never really liked so he never wore them, they were basically brand new. So I looked online for some ideas and saw this one. I liked the idea but I made a lot of changes to her design. I cut off the bottom since I did not like how it curved up. I also finished the top by making a drawstring waistband and ties out of the left over sleeve material. I was totally happy with how it turned out, a great casual everyday skirt, I just might make myself another one. 

The photo is not that great, I took it myself holding the camera over my head.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

How cute ? And I love recycling .

Unknown said...

tracy~ what a clever idea! You are very creative.

JollyJennifer said...

That's such a great idea! I love it!

Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow that is so neat!