Monday, October 13, 2008

First Camp Out

O.K. So we camped in the backyard, and it was a good trial run for the girls since when it was really time to go to sleep they wanted to sleep inside.
They enjoy cooking the hot dogs and marshmallows over the campfire. I haven't been camping in a long time and I don't remember the camp fire coating my hot dogs with a layer of black soot. I had to wipe off each hot dog before we ate them. Is this normal?
We played around in the tent, told spooky stories and read books.
Oh and you can't forget your laptop when camping, it was fun for the girls playing with this in the dark since it did light up a spooky green.
Amelia & Anna love telling spooky stories, which always crack Brian & I up. The stories usually include a dark night, a full moon and two kids walking in the woods hearing a thump, thump, thump. If Anna is telling the story it usually ends with a nice rainbow monster who makes pancakes for everyone.

No comments: